What are Cookies?
A cookie is a file or device that is downloaded onto a user’s terminal equipment for the purpose of storing data that can be updated and retrieved by the entity responsible for its installation. In other words, it is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information they contain and the way they use their equipment, they can be used to recognise the user.
Types of Cookies
There are different types of cookies depending, above all, on the nature of the same, and so the following are classified as a guide, among others:
Depending on the time frame:
- Session cookies: these are designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website. They are usually used to store information that only needs to be kept for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (for example, a list of products purchased) and disappear at the end of the session.
- Persistent cookies: these are cookies in which the data remain stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the party responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
According to their purpose:
- Technical cookies: are those that allow the user to browse through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist on it, including those that the editor uses to allow the management and operation of the website and to enable its functions and services (such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access areas and similar purposes of a technical nature).
- Personalisation cookies: these are cookies that allow information to be remembered so that the user can access the service with certain characteristics that can differentiate their experience from that of other users, such as, for example, the language, the number of results to be shown when the user performs a search, the appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser through which the user accesses the service or the region from which they access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: these are cookies that allow the party responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of users of the websites to which they are linked, including the quantification of the impact of advertisements. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data of the users of the service.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: these are cookies that store information on the behaviour of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed in order to display advertising based on the same.
Depending on the entity that manages them:
- Own cookies: these are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
What type of cookies does this website use?
Specifically, this website uses the following cookies:
How do I manage my cookie settings?
This section provides a brief explanation of how to consult and configure the cookie system in relation to the most common browsers used by users.
In this regard, practically all browsers allow the user to obtain general information on the cookies installed on a web page, specifically to verify their existence, their duration or the system for eliminating them. In this regard, for information purposes, a series of related links are provided:
On the other hand, users may allow, block or delete the cookies installed on their equipment by modifying the configuration of their browser in accordance with the instructions indicated therein. For information purposes, it is indicated that the configuration of cookies is usually carried out in the “Preferences” or “Tools” menu of each browser, in any case, you can always go to the help of your browser to solve or resolve any doubts that may arise in this regard.
It should be noted that if the installation of all cookies is prevented, the content of the website as well as certain functionalities and services provided by the same may be affected.
International transfers of cookies (if done)
You can find out about the transfers to third countries that, where applicable, are made by the third parties identified in this cookies policy in their corresponding policies regarding Cookies (see the links provided in the “Third Party Cookies” section).
Profiling (if done)
In this case, profiles are created which may involve automated decisions with possible legal effects or similar consequences. For this purpose, we use the following application criteria for profiling: (insert profiling criteria)
The conservation of the data collected through cookies will be related to the purpose for which it is collected, without prejudice to what is legally established.