Quality and sustainability
Alfocan is the first crayfish company to be recognized for both its quality and environmental commitment.
With more than 35 years of crayfish expertise, we guarantee a modern and reliable preparation process providing the highest standards of food quality at all times and respecting the natural environment that feeds us.
Sustainability is at the core of our principles and practices, both social and environmental. Our mission is to create value and generate sustainable growth that benefits our employees, shareholders and communities while meeting the needs of our customers.
We protect our environment and promote responsible fishing through:
- Raising staff awareness for food safety and environmental risk prevention
- Maintaining a relationship of trust and collaboration with our customers and suppliers and ensuring the complete traceability of our products.
- Engaging in environmental protection, sustainable development and a circular economy
- Spearheading the Spanish Crayfish Fishery Improvement Project (FIP), currently the only active FIP for Procambarus clarkii crayfishin the world.
- Collaborating with communities and fishermen to promote that none of our product is harvested by destructive means and encouraging the responsible use of highly selective fishing gear, assuring minimal environmental impacts and bycatch.
- Strengthening the framework for a responsible crayfish fishery by monitoring the observance of all legal requirements and the maintenance of the highest quality and food safety standards through our supply chain.
Our workers are one of our most valuable assets, therefore we:
- Promote an optimal working environment for all our employees with possibilities for personal and professional development
- Encourage recruitment for training and learning that helps professional integration of young people in need of work experience.
- Guarantee equal access to opportunities without regard to race, sexual orientation, faith, etc…
- Implement and monitor a Gender Equality Plan (GEP) to effectively eradicate gender bias in our organization.
Condemn any form of labor abuse both in our company or our supply chain.